How can someone who has walked, maybe,
20 miles total
in her two years of life
have better calves than I do?
I ran the mile once a year in gym class,
grades 2-8!
I've taken several nature walks,
and I strolled hurriedly across my college campus
for four years.
*a campus on a hill, for that matter*
My husband proposed at a campfire
near the shores of Crystal Lake.
We walked down to the fire,
and after I said, "Yes!"
we walked back to the cottage.
It was a beautiful night,
full of walking.
Did I mention I was in marching band?
The parades and festivals
flood my memory.
Several blocks would turn into a mile,
and a mile would turn into a couple miles,
all while carrying a trumpet.
A full-size trumpet.
Heavy.
And yet, I gaze at my daughter's
perfectly formed little legs
and I am happy for her.
She won't have to go through the
grueling workouts I did
in pursuit of
beautiful,
golden
calves.
20 miles total
in her two years of life
have better calves than I do?
I ran the mile once a year in gym class,
grades 2-8!
I've taken several nature walks,
and I strolled hurriedly across my college campus
for four years.
*a campus on a hill, for that matter*
My husband proposed at a campfire
near the shores of Crystal Lake.
We walked down to the fire,
and after I said, "Yes!"
we walked back to the cottage.
It was a beautiful night,
full of walking.
Did I mention I was in marching band?
The parades and festivals
flood my memory.
Several blocks would turn into a mile,
and a mile would turn into a couple miles,
all while carrying a trumpet.
A full-size trumpet.
Heavy.
And yet, I gaze at my daughter's
perfectly formed little legs
and I am happy for her.
She won't have to go through the
grueling workouts I did
in pursuit of
beautiful,
golden
calves.
Comments
Post a Comment